This broccoli, kale, pine nut and dulse seaweed salad is a great example of an anti-inflammatory dish.
Delicious served alone or alongside a nourishing cup of miso soup, it also makes for a great accompaniment to a piece of simply grilled or baked fish.
Broccoli, Kale, Pine Nut & Dulse Seaweed Salad
3 cups Broccoli florets – cut in quarters, lengthways
2 large hands Chard, Kale or Cavolo Nero - washed and finely shredded
1⁄2 cup Pine Nuts - dry toasted on a low flame until just brown
1⁄4 cup Dulse seaweed - soaked for approx 30 minutes, finely shredded
2 cloves Garlic - left whole and crushed with the back of a knife, or infuse beforehand in the olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
* Prepare the toasted pine nuts
* Prepare the broccoli into florets with an inch or so of stem, cut in half lengthways
* Blanch the broccoli and greens in boiling water for approx 3 minutes
* Rinse under very cold water
* Heat frying pan, add the oil and immediately add the garlic cloves to infuse the oil
* Add the broccoli and stir-fry for 23 minutes
* Add the greens and stir to combine, sauté for a further 23 minutes
* Add salt and chili flakes and stir to combine
* To serve, add a little more olive oil and lemon juice and stir in the toasted pine nuts
Want to learn more about this approach to cooking and acquire the skills to do this for yourself at home and on a regular basis?
Then join one of our workshops or retreats to discover more about holistic cookery and the nutritional theory that supports it. Click here to find out more.